Click here for the
as of 18 Nov 2014
The Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club (TRRC) is a community club that promotes the shooting sports, and is located at 8503 Chambers Creek Road West in University Place, Washington. We are situated on a 70-acre parcel of land in what has been described as a park-like setting. The shooting facilities include ranges for smallbore rifle, centerfire rifle, pistol, airgun, and archery; there are no shotgun facilities. All firing points are covered for year-round comfort and there is a full-time resident caretaker on-site. Club regulations and operations are governed by elected Officers and a Board of Directors.
The Club's Business Office is open to members on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month, from 9:00-11:00 AM.
- Membership in TRRC is open to U.S. citizens who are at least 18 years of age. Membership runs for one year from the date of joining.
- The dues for new members are $150 plus tax, and a one-time $35 initiation fee.
- A spousal membership is available for only $25 plus tax more, which provides the spouse with a badge of her/his own, allowing the spouse full use Club facilities.
We accept cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover as forms of payment; sorry, no American Express.
- Procedures for joining:
- TRRC is now accepting new members, by appointment only.
- All prospective members are required to attend a mandatory new-member class before being allowed to join. This class takes about two hours, and includes a walking tour of club facilities, so dress for the weather. The class begins at 9:00 AM sharp.
- To make an appointment to attend the Club's new member class and to join, please e-mail email@example.com and provide your contact information. We will reply and confirm your reservation.
- For questions about TRRC memberships, you may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-566-1341 and leave a message - we will return your call as soon as possible.
- o The new member orientation class is held monthly. The dates are listed below:
- November 1st (now full)
- December 6th (now full)
- January 10th (We start taking reservations for this class on Dec 7th)
- February 7th
- March 7th
- April 4th
- Advanced reservations are required to attend the class, as noted above. Reservations can only be made up to 30 days in advance.
- When you arrive for the class, you will be greeted at the Club's front gate by a Membership Team member, and will be given directions to the classroom. At the completion of the classroom training, individuals may join by providing some form of photo identification, payment of the dues, and by signing a statement that he/she is familiar with the basic rules of firearms safety and will hold TRRC harmless.
- At the time of joining, new members are provided an access badge that opens the locked gate at the front entrance. The badge will show the member's name as well as the expiration date of his membership. Members are free to come and go at will using this badge, and to use the range facilities immediately. However, in order to shoot a pistol on any of our ranges, a member must complete a Pistol Qualification Program, which is offered on the 2nd Saturday of every month.
- New members are also provided a copy of the recent TRRC newsletter and a copy of the range rules.
TRRC Pistol Qualification Program
- In order for any member to shoot a pistol on any of our ranges, a member must complete the Pistol Qualification Program.
- The program involves a one hour classroom training session, held in the Club's classroom, followed by a range competency evaluation done at the Pistol Range. The competency evaluation is performed using your own pistol and ammunition. It involves loading and shooting a total of 10 rounds, in three separate stages. The member is evaluated on safe handling skills and the ability to hit a 2' by 2' target, placed at 15 yards, with all 10 rounds.
- The classroom training is held on the second Saturday of every month, beginning at 9:00AM sharp. No pistols or ammunition are allowed in the classroom.
- Also at 9:00AM on the second Saturday of the month, Range Safety Officers will be stationed at the Pistol Range for non-qualified members, who have previously attended the classroom training, to practice.
- The range competency checks will be performed at the Pistol Range immediately after the classroom training, from about 10:15AM to about 12:00PM. NRA certified firearms instructors will be available at the Pistol Range during this time to provide assistance and training to members. This instruction is available to members before they attempt qualification, if they desire, or if questions arise during their shooting test.
Any member may choose to reduce the cost of his/her annual membership renewal dues to as little as $50, as follows:
- Click HERE for your renewal application.
- A renewal/expiration date is pasted on the back of your badge. You may renew at any time, either by mail or in person, although mail-ins are encouraged.
- To renew your existing membership by mail, please fill out the renewal application and mail it with your payment to::
Tacoma Rifle & Revolver Club
Post Office Box 64777
University Place, WA 98464-4777
- To renew in person, visit the Business Office, which is open on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month from 9:00AM - 11:00AM.
- Your badge will automatically become inoperative on your renewal date, and you are no longer authorized to use Club facilities.
- If you do not renew by the renewal date, your TRRC membership will be considered "inactive." During this time you will continue to receive the newsletter and other information from the Club. You can renew your membership by mail or by visiting the Business Office.
- After six months in "inactive" status your membership will be terminated. Should you wish to rejoin TRRC, you must make an appointment to attend the Club's orientation.